'My points balance' not updated

tumbi's picture

After donating points the "My points balance" panel to the left does not seem to get updated with the new amount, although the correct amount is listed if I go "Points" via the link at the top.

tumbi's picture
Beta TesterDiscord userGif gallery

it has updated now but it took a few minutes

+1
Vote comment up/down
Critikal's picture
Beta Testercock

Thanks for checking. Yes, the delay is intended - everything on the left panel is cached and refreshed every 15mins. I might in fact bump that up to every 30mins.

+1
Vote comment up/down
hell_viper1's picture
Beta Tester

If you do that would it be possible to add a small 'refresh' button for the points widget? Then people can be sure that they are getting their up-to-date points. This might be desired for people who are close to being promoted to Spiker, or National

+1
Vote comment up/down
Critikal's picture
Beta Testercock

My thinking was if they want the latest info they'd just go to the points page. 

Speaking of, I'm not even sure if we'll end up keeping the points block on the sidebar. I mean, you could just check the points page, and if that's what most people do then the points block just takes up space on the side, just hanging...

+1
Vote comment up/down
hell_viper1's picture
Beta Tester

Hmm. I personally think its fine in the side menu. Just as long as the 'important' sections stay on top.

Also, I think I would rename 'View points transactions' to 'View points details'

+1
Vote comment up/down