Selected media organisations from around the world were invited to witness the event:
- Sky News (UK), CNN, CBS (US), CGTN (China), RT, AP
- News 1 and MBC (South Korea) were invited but not given access
Just hours later President Trump cancelled the June 12 summit
- Trump says remarks made about Vice President Mike Pence are the reason the summit is cancelled
- In an interview broadcast on Monday on Fox News, Pence warned that North Korea’s government could end up like that of Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi, the former Libyan leader.
- NK Vice Foreign Minister Choe Son-hui called his remarks “ignorant and stupid.” [link]
- Sanctions to remain
- More military threats from USA
The Pence interview that offended NK officials:
"The president made it clear. This will only end like the Libya model ended if Kim Jong Un doesn't make a deal."